Kinara for Youth Evolution is working with CIVICUS DataShift to learn about the process to collect data on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 16, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, specifically measuring inclusive and responsive decision-making (SDG indicator 16.7.2) using a participatory workshop approach. We are writing a series of blogs for CIVICUS regarding our experience of running this workshop with various community action groups that we work with here in Morogoro, Tanzania, including youth and mothers groups. We strongly believe in the power of this approach to generate valuable contextual data, to build their confidence, active listening, and data research skills, and to inspire solutions of small local actions that they can act on themselves without outside help.
The video below captures our experience through the following scenes:
1. Kinara for Youth Evolution organizational and project introduction.
2. Challenges of SDG 16 data collection in the community.
3. Workshop overview of steps and example of results.
4. Short dramatization of a solution based on workshop data analysis and discussion.
5. Participants’ reaction and experience with the workshop.