ICSW 2019 Host Partners
CIVICUS is a global network of more than 6,500 civil society organisations and activists in 175 countries, dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. We were established in 1993 and since 2002 have been proudly headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional hubs across the globe.
Civic Initiatives (CI) was founded in May 1996 by a group of prominent NGO activists that were involved in the anti-war movement and non-nationalist democratic opposition since 1990. Since then, Civic Initiatives respond to the need for creating a civic base that sustains democratic values by supporting citizens' activism and advocating for a better legal framework for civic participation.
Balkan Civil Society Development Network (BCSDN) is a network of 14 civil society organizations from 10 countries and territories in South East Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Montenegro, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey).
ICSW 2019 Event Partners
ICSW 2019 Event Supporters
- Our partnerships contribute to the achievement of a shared vision, mission and goals and seek positive change on issues related to justice, inclusion and sustainability.
- Our partnerships are based on clear roles and responsibilities that improve coordination for greater effectiveness and impact and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Our partnerships represent a variety of actors that offer diverse perspectives and seek to extend beyond traditional power bases.
- Our partnerships are with actors who respect, promote and uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and share common values and principles.
- Our partnerships reflect a commitment to mutual learning and dynamic accountability.
- Our partnerships respect the voice and independence of the actors involved and are grounded in respect.
- Our partnerships allow for meaningful engagement rather than tokenistic participation.
- Our partnerships are based on legitimacy, transparency and accountability; acting with integrity is core.