About the Role
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Secretary General and operates as a true HR Business Partner to the Senior Leadership Team and Cluster Leads, enabling the achievement of CIVICUS’ strategic organisational objectives.
The role is also responsible for providing a professional, customer focused and effective human resource service, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, employee relations issues, performance management, remuneration and benefits management, policy development and compliance and learning and development.
The Human Resources Manager will coordinate and lead CIVICUS’s Human Resources and Development team, with the overall aim of promoting a productive, engaged and happy workplace.
• Honours degree in Human Resources Management/Organisational Development and/or Organisational/Industrial Psychology.
• Substantial experience of developing attainable and effective HR/OD strategies and the supporting workplans.
• Experience of working in a similar capacity for an international/NGO organisation and/or experience of working for a global organisation.
• Demonstratable experience of leading/providing sound advice on recruitment and selection, employee relations issues, performance management, remuneration and benefits management, policy development and compliance and learning and development.
Please click here for a full Job Description
Your application should comprise of
• A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
• A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted mid-January 2019 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.