CIVICUS is global alliance of civil society organisations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society around the world. We strive to promote marginalised voices, especially from the Global South, and have members in more than 170 countries throughout the world. Since 1993, we have been dedicated to enhancing the rights, freedoms, health and vitality of civil society as a whole. We’re also a global team, using new technologies to connect us around the world. We’re passionate about what we do.
- We work for civil society, protecting and growing `civic space’ – the freedoms of expression, association and assembly - that allow citizens and organisations to speak out, organise and take action.
- We monitor, research and analyse global events and trends that impact civil society.
- We strengthen civil society by bringing it together to generate and share knowledge, to improve its working and to act collectively.
- We work to ensure that civil society voices are heard. To achieve impact we communicate, campaign and advocate.
CIVICUS is soliciting applications from interested institutions and individuals to:
- Design and conduct a Proposal Writing workshop for CIVICUS staff.
- Develop condensed online version of the workshop for CIVICUS members.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Provide workshop participants with practical tools and tips for proposal writing;
- Share with workshop participants what the elements of a strong proposal are;
- Equip workshop participants with the technical language/jargon used in proposal writing;
- Practice proposal writing skills through tasks and practical exercises used during the workshop
The overall objective of the workshop is to increase CIVICUS staff and members capacity to write strong proposals.
Applications should include but should not be limited to the following information:
- The list of proposed workshop content and structure, based on themes/sub-themes
- Description of delivery methods for both physical workshop and online version
- Past experience in conducting similar trainings/workshops
- Budget (please make sure to provide cost for each activity separately)
- Physical workshop agenda/outline (prior to workshop)
- Knowledge pre/post-test (prior to workshop)
- Workshop report (after the workshop)
- Online version of the workshop (after the physical workshop)
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Profile of Eligible Consultant/Vendor:
Eligible consultant/vendor should have familiarity with civil society sector and should have general knowledge of major donor agencies and their requirements in proposal writing, particularly European donor agencies.