CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 8000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the role
The Finance and Compliance consultant will support responsible financial and grant management to ensure the Consortium to Promote Human Rights, Civic Freedoms and Media Development in Sub-Saharan Africa is able to deliver on its project objectives. The Finance and Compliance consultant is expected advise on budgeting and financial reporting.This role is also expected to implement compliance monitoring systems, carry out financial risk management and support the forwarding of funds in line with grant requirements. Additionally, the Finance and Compliance consultant supports the capacity development of relevant staff and partners to ensure effective financial management and grant compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in financial management and grants compliance in the development sector is essential, including knowledge of major official donors
- Ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff and partners
- Experience setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems
- Substantive experience within non-profit/social good organisation
- Experience working on multi country and multi partner projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in capacity building
- Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment
Please click here for the terms of reference
How to Apply
Due to the urgency to fill this position we might consider the position filled before the deadline if the right candidate is found. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.