CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
A researcher to support the continued publication of high-quality daily content on the CIVICUS Monitor platform, to support the strengthening of the Monitor’s global research collaboration and to support the technical development of the Monitor platform itself. In addition, to advance the civic space research agenda at CIVICUS through contributions to periodic research papers, analysis of trends and continued tracking of violations and abuses.
- Candidates must have bewteen five and seven years experience working directly with civil society organisations and/or human rights defenders, ideally in the global south.
- In addition, diplomas/degrees in the following domains will be taken into account, although are not mandatory for this position:
- Political science
- International relations
- Previous experience of working on research or advocacy projects related to human rights, social justice or democracy.
- Basic computer literacy, with any web-based publication experience an advantage.
- Previous experience of drafting documents in any language for publication.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of November 25th 2019 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.