CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
An opportunity to join an exciting team to support civil society organisations and human rights defenders with grants and technical assistance to enable them engage in effective advocacy and increase their resilience to adapt and respond to restrictions on civic space.
- Undergraduate degree in International Relations, Law, Human Rights, History, Political Studies or related field
- Experience working in highly pressured environment with ability to turn around contracts and agreements in a short space of time
- Excellent knowledge on human rights and civil society in Africa
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and engage effectively with partners
- Excellent writing skills to develop reports to funders or produce report from workshops and meetings
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted on 30 March 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.