Global civil society alliance, CIVICUS, is seeking consultants to develop a contemporary and interactive Capacity Development Care Pack for CIVICUS staff. The purpose of the care pack is to build capacity and provide easy reference learning tools for individuals as their teams and organizations respond, recover and continue to work with organizational complexities brought on by COVID 19.
Introduction to CIVICUS
CIVICUS is a global alliance of civil society organizations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society throughout the world. We were established in 1993 and since 2002 have been proudly headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional hubs across the globe, with a membership alliance with more than 8000 members in 175 countries. Our definition of civil society is broad and covers non-governmental organisations, activists, civil society coalitions and networks, protest and social movements, voluntary bodies, campaigning organisations, charities, faith-based groups, trade unions and philanthropic foundations. Our membership is diverse, spanning a wide range of issues, sizes and organization types. Our staff is based across the globe in over 20 countries.
The outbreak of COVID 19 has created a rupture in global systems and citizenry. The ensuing chaos has given birth to parallel universes of uncertainty and incredible opportunity. How we show up on the other side depends on our ability to seize the opportunity to live and work in a way that is sustainable and supportive for the global race of humanity. In its wake of devastation, COVID 19 presents us with unique opportunities to develop internal capabilities to adapt and integrate into a different world of work. With a minefield of new technologies and products that are available to lead and manage effectively during this time, the Capacity Development team at CIVICUS would like to provide a bespoke care pack with digital content to guide potential and existing leaders during this time of unprecedented change. As we test success to build our internal capacity, we would also like to take this opportunity to explore ways to share with our Alliance members.
CIVICUS is looking for passionate and innovate consultants to help us curate and produce an interactive Capacity Development Care Pack to assist potential and existing leaders as they respond, recover and continue their work during this time of chaotic global change. The successful applicant/s will need to curate contemporary content in a blended format that supports in-person and digital mediums. In addition to the development of the material the consultant/s will be required facilitate an online workshop for a cohort of staff.
Scope and objectives of the Capacity Development Care Pack:
CIVICUS would like this Capacity Development Care Pack to be a blended learning journey that will assist staff to build relevant skills to help them and their teams adapt to new ways of work. The key themes that we want to build on are:
- Social Leadership
- Scenarios for a world remade by COVID 19
- Creating and nurturing a remote culture of working and wellbeing.
These are by no means inclusive and exhaustive. We encourage applicants to share their innovative approaches/ideas to content curation and application of these thematic areas to the context that we find ourselves in now.
The scope of the Capacity Development Care Pack within the context of this consultancy includes:
- The curation of content based in consultation with the Capacity Development team.
- The development of an online care pack of relevant learning resources.
- Facilitation of a set of online workshops.
NB: we are acutely aware of the tight timelines for the project.
Submission of proposal and project plan
20 May 2020
Onboarding of Care Pack to pilot cohort
15 June 2020
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing, curating in person and digital learning experiences in the identified content areas.
- Excellent and evidenced project team capability to meet these deadlines without compromising the integrity of the work.
- Excellent capacity development experience in international development and civil society organizations.
- Excellent track record of facilitating digital learning experiences.
- Excellent experience in blended and adaptive learning approaches.
- Cover Letter clearly describing your approach to this assignment and the difference you bring to this assignment.
- Project plan for this assignment.
- Summarized CV’s outlining relevant expertise in relation to the requirements of this assignment.
- Evidence of previous experience and 3 contactable referees who experienced your offering on similar projects.
- A financial proposal including rates and estimated hours for completion of this project (no travel is anticipated).