CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10 000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Consultancy
CIVICUS is looking for experienced applicants in diversity and inclusion with expertise on addressing racial justice issues focusing on racism to support current work on addressing racism and racism in the workplace. This will include but not limited to the following:
- Facilitate open and honest conversations on issues related to race, racism and racial privilege
- Identification of areas of possible bias i.e bias interrupters
- Creating space for open dialogue with the different racial groups identified in CIVICUS
- Identify and address blind spots related to white or northern privilege and other manifestations of privilege that impact racial justice such as economic background
- Strategy session on how to identify, manage and break racial bias
- Building expertise for developing agile systems, processes and procedures that can address bias or privilege and sustain efforts to ensure racial justice
- Propose clear outlines on ways to sustain these conversations and build on them to ensure consistency
To be part of this exciting journey we require a team (of at least two) or a company. We encourage applications from independent experts, consultancy firms or non-profits with a track record of working on racial justice, diversity and inclusion. Experience of working on human resources primarily issues of diversity and inclusion in a multicultural or diverse international context would be an added advantage.
Consultants should be skilled in working with onsite and remote teams using standard communication platforms in addition to tools that may be required to deliver training or knowledge. Specifically, there should have a track record in:
- Training and supporting organisation wide diversity and inclusion issues (primarily racial and/or cultural related work).
- Developing practical solutions and tools for further integration on diversity and inclusion in a multicultural and multi-racial context.
Please click here for a full ToR
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted on or before 4 December 2020. All applications should be sent to
Please contact us if you have questions prior to the deadline.
All applications should include the following:
- Company credentials and / or Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and three recent references;
- Short description of proposed technical approach with an illustrative workplan
- Financial proposal
- Profile and/or portfolio of work done