The Digital Communications consultant will work closely with communications and other staff to produce and disseminate digital communications, in particular communicating CIVICUS knowledge about civil society, being part of advocacy efforts to protect people's rights to speak out, organise, and take action, and amplify marginalised voices, especially from the Global South.
This will include:
- Content production/ editorial: Produce multi-media content for website and social media: graphics, videos, infographics, etc; layout design of selected publications; layout & design; draft written content for publications, newsletters; capturing key events and moments through photography/ videography/ visuals for communications materials/ digital platforms.
- Newsletter: Bi-monthly compilation of e-CIVICUS newsletter, and other mailers/ newsletters as needed.
- Media: responsible for media monitoring, daily production of news round-up; produce media tools i.e fact sheets; assist with media outreach by supporting contact/ lead generation through Vuelio.
- Website: Upload articles (statements, blogs, OpEds, etc) for CIVICUS’ websites, fix non-technical issues related to CIVICUS’ website, use web analytics to contribute to understanding of how audiences engage with content.
- Events: Support comms team in organising virtual events, webinars, seminars, etc.
- Multi-lingual support: In collaboration with the multilingual comms officer, support alliance wide engagement and producing content in multiple languages (French, Arabic).
Experience & Skills
- At least 4-7 years’ work experience working in communications, preferably in a civil society environment,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent IT skills, ability to use content production software such as Adobe, PictoChart, Canva, Lumen 5.
- Good understanding of Google analytics, web and content management.
- Ability to use Email Marketing applications (Mailchimp) to generate sign up forms, analytics, manage and update contact lists and mass emailing
- Experience with media management and monitoring software.
- Creativity and an eye for detail and visual design, as demonstrated through portfolio of work.
- Fluency in another UN language (French, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, or Arabic) – desirable
The Digital communications Consultancy will run from 1 March 2020 to 28 February 2022
We estimate this at 12 days/ month.