CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The CRF Coordinator and Advocacy Officer is responsible for managing CIVICUS’ strategic relationship with donors and members of the LifeLine Consortium, for overseeing applications for the CRF and working with the CIVICUS finance team and Advocacy Lead to provide timely financial and narrative reports. The CRF Lead will oversee the administration of CRF grants and lead CIVICUS advocacy on a regional and thematic area of focus. They should also be able to make strategic connections between CRF grants, regional and thematic advocacy and other CIVICUS clusters and projects
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in civil society sector on human rights issues.
- Master’s degree in international relations, economics, politics, development studies or a social science discipline.
- Manage strategic relationships with Donor and members of the Life Line Consortium and oversea the administration of the CRF
- Lead CIVICUS advocacy and campaigns with CIVICUS members and partners in one geographic region
- Budget management skills and ability to produce comprehensive donor financial and narrative reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in English and one other UN language.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 01st June 2021 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.