CIVICUS Youth connects young changemakers, fosters meaningful youth inclusion, and gives them tools to grow as civil society innovators
"My biggest surprise is that a big organization like CIVICUS, which is creating all this change in the world, is so committed to advancing the different cause of young people. This “donor” relationship is personally my best experience. I love how we as young people have been trusted with funds to implement our projects in an environment where we are appreciated and respected for our visions and we receive constant support and contributions to help us improve our initiatives."
- Vanessa, Youth Action Lab 2021
In addition to resourcing challenges, young activists are often seen as less credible than their older peers due to lack of experience and informal organising. CIVICUS Youth provides them a platform and the tools to be effective changemakers. We believe that a new narrative, where the youth is at the center and well supported, is possible.
“In 2021, we won the Peruvian National Youth Prize, the most important recognition for youth in our country, in the category of social communication. To us, this is a big achievement, not only because of what it represents in terms of our work, but also because in 2020, our initiative was about to close. We were lacking support and tools to remain in the long term. The support of CIVICUS Youth allowed us to access new donors, receive professional mentoring and, in general, to know we can create social impact while remaining sustainable.”
- Banesa, Youth Action Lab 2020
CIVICUS Youth is a committed and diverse community making up 30% of CIVICUS Alliance, based in +150 countries, who collaborate, learn from each other, and strengthen youth action in civil society.
Youth Ambassador Programme
Practical tools to take your youth activism to the next level
- CIVICUS Youth Month Unconference 2022
- CIVICUS Youth Global Perspectives Lab Event on Land Rights
- International Youth Day 2022: Dialogue on Youth Compensation and Volunteering
- CIVICUS Youth Action Team Report Launch on Youth Activism Trends and Civic Space Expansion
- Youth resourcing webinar
- Youth for Diversity webinar
- Youth Inclusion in Civil Society
- High-Level Global Conference on Youth-Inclusive Peace Processes
Want to know the main insights we have gathered in years of working with youth and co-creating innovative and impactful programmes? Here you go!
- 4 practices to strengthen youth participation
- What does accountability mean to youth-led initiatives?
- From Reliance to Partnership
- 3 Reasons why Relationships are vital to Expanding Youth Networks
- It’s time to change the future of funding for youth action
- Strengthening young activists by tagging-in local mentors and standing back
- It’s time for radical collaboration: Our experience co-designing with CIVICUS
- Reimagining youth power post COVID-19
- Reflections on resource mobilisation realities for youth movements and organisations
- Youth-led Initiatives Practicing Accountability
- Re-igniting Youth Participation at CIVICUS
- Lessons in digital advocacy to let youth be architects of their own destinies
The Youth Action Team
The Youth Action Team is a group of 10 young voting members who shape the agenda of CIVICUS Youth stream of work. They champion youth inclusion in the alliance and they ensure that CIVICUS programs are responsive and suitable to young activists’ needs, helping to shape a thriving environment to transform civic space in their societies. The Youth Action team is in dialogue with the CIVICUS Board and the Secretariat on strategic matters.Youth Action Team Page
Are you 30 years old or younger?JoinCIVICUS Youth!
CIVICUS Youth is all about collaboration, inspiration, and information-sharing. We work with people who can contribute their individual energies and perspectives, and we want your opinions and big ideas to make civil society stronger. Share your insights on meaningful youth inclusion in the CIVICUS Youth United! Facebook group.