Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
WHAT IS IT?
WHICH ARE THIS YEARS THEMES?
OUR MEMBERS SPEAK
Carousel Item Title
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
1_Webinar: Defending women’s rights online and offline
Join Women Human Rights Defenders from Zimbabwe, South Africa, India, Egypt and more for this interactive discussion and the launch of the CIVICUS Women Human Rights Defenders Brief
When: Friday 15 March, 9AM to 11AM
Where: WeWork, Grand Central
- To attend in-person please register here by Thursday 13 March (note spaces are limited). No UN or CSW Pass required!
2_#SheDefends CIVICUS CSW social media campaign!
Use the hashtags #CSW63 #SheDefends and tweet to @civicusalliance a 1-minute video explaining what social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls means to you. You can visit the CIVICUS twitter page daily from the 11-22 march and retweet profiles, Op-eds of WHRDs featured to raise awareness on the civic space restrictions they are facing, show solidarity and calling on the UN and international community to act now on the realisation of an open and free civil society.
3_Networking Evening and Lifeline Clinic in New-York!
Join CIVICUS members and other civil society for light refreshments and an opportunity for informal networking during CSW. CIVICUS and Freedom House representatives will be available to answer questions about applying for the Lifeline Crisis Response Fund as well as the new CIVICUS Solidarity Fund.
When: Thursday 14 March, 6PM to 8PM
Where: At WeWork, 205 East 42nd st, level 19
How? Registration is required: please register here by 11AM Thursday 14 March. No UN or CSW Pass required!
4_Press Conference: Reality of Saudi Women Activists: Over 300 days of imprisonment and gruesome torture
Organised by Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GCHR), CIVICUS, International Service for Human Rights (ISHR) and Women's March Global
When: Tuesday 12 March, 1:30PM to 3:00PM
- UN Correspondents Association Room, 3rd Floor, UN Secretariat. UN or CSW pass holders are welcome to attend
- This event will be live streamed from 1:30PM EST on the CIVICUS Facebook page
CIVICUS MEMBERS AT CSW63
· L’accès aux services de base des femmes et filles déplacées en République démocratique du Congo: défis et perspective (Access to social protection for displaced women and girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo)
Wednesday March 13, 2:30PM
Church Center for the United Nations, 777 United Nations Plaza, Eighth Floor
No UN or CSW Pass required
This event is in French
· Legal Mediation as a Social Protection Mechanism
Center for Egyptian Women's Legal Assistance (CEWLA)
Thursday 14 March, 2:30PM
Church Center for the United Nations, Eighth Floor
· Venezuela Women’s Social Protection and Services in Crisis
Thursday 14 March, 12:30PM
Green Room, 4 West 43rd St
No UN or CSW Pass required
English and Spanish
· Planet 50/50: Achieving #VoiceandChoice through Social Protection
Government of Malawi and Gender Links
UN or CSW Pass required