- New programme to support youth tackling major social issues through data collection
- Initiative will amplify activists’ work and hold leaders accountable
- Selected activists will receive funding, technical assistance and networking support
2019 is kicking off with an exciting, innovative, youth-led and multi-partner programme called the Goalkeepers Youth Action Accelerator! The launch of the Accelerator is a direct response to the challenges young people face in accessing sufficient and appropriate resources to meaningfully engage in development decisions and activities that affect their communities.
The Accelerator will support promising youth advocates who are using data in innovative ways to address Global Goals 1-6 -- local development challenges related to poverty, hunger, health and well-being, education, gender equality and water and sanitation. These youth-led initiatives should relate to:
- Data sourcing & Accountability: Initiatives that gather community views and experiences and/or crowdsourced data related to the specific development issue you’re working on. For example: Float Beijing Citizen Generated Data Quality
- Data translation & Storytelling: Initiatives and campaigns that translate existing development data into stories that showcase progress and encourage leaders across sectors to act. For example: Stories for Advocacy
Chosen youth advocates will receive funding, technical and networking support, valued at up to US$30,000.
Do you want to increase youth representation and influence in development decisions in your community? Do you want to generate and use data to improve accountability for local development? Do you have a great idea, but need a little extra support to realise its full potential?
- Applications open: 26 September 2018
- Applications close: 31 October 2018
- Finalists announced: 30 November 2018
- Virtual orientation (mandatory): December 2018
- Workshop in Arusha, Tanzania (mandatory): 21-25 January 2019
If you are selected, you will also have the opportunity to engage in additional networking opportunities to increase the visibility of your initiative, build local and global solidarity and mobilise funds.
See press release